Monday, March 12, 2012

It's a boot!



In today's class, I really wanted to focus on the boots, because the sooner they get done, the sooner I can make a body, and the sooner I can begin messing around with a dress for her! And at the rate I tend to work, and the way I tend to demand perfection of myself when it comes to sewing, I know I'll be spending way more time than I should patterning her dress. ;)

I also did additional layers on the eyes, cheeks, and lips, in an attempt to darken these areas up a bit more.

I feel like I'm getting close, because all I really have to add that is new is the "eyeliner" (for lack of a more appropriate word) and eye lashes. Oh, and the gold. Did you know the shiny gold on porcelain dolls is REAL gold? How cool is that? It's a bit on the pricy side, but this is my first doll, and she will be really special, so it is worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment