I love it when I am about to start drafting a pattern for a doll, then think, "hey, maybe this thing I already drafted/made is close in size," and it turns out to be almost perfect!
Charlotte's corset, on the new "Marie Louise" doll's body:
It is perhaps a little loose around the bottom, but not enough to bug me. I even already have a second corset all cut out and mostly assembled. I'll finish that up, and voila! A corset for Marie Louise!
This is exactly the sort of reason why I like all my dolls to be right around 1/3 scale. Then, they can share furniture, accessories, and apparently, sometimes even corsets! ;)
In other news. . .
Over the weekend, I thought I'd start Marie Louise's underpinnings. I pulled out the patterns and think I'll use the drawers and petticoat from the official pattern, but it looks like there is no chemise included, so I'll be drafting that. Not a big deal since chemises are easy. :) So, the only real hold-up is that I could not find a lace that I had enough of and thought would suit this project. And I'm going to go out on a limb and guess I'm not going to be able to find pretty trim at a fair price at JoAnn's. . . So I'm shopping online for it. Actually, trying to order it as we speak, but eBay is fussing. Which is odd, since I rarely have issues with eBay! I might have to go eat some dinner and try again later. . .
Doll class tonight! And this is an exciting night because I put the finishing touches (hopefully!) on Marie Louise last week, so tonight, I get to see her! And, if she really is done, take her home and finish putting her together! Hooray! You know, I didn't think I cared much for china heads, but this one has somehow weaseled her way into my heart. Probably because she's my first. ;)